Give it a try
If you're feeling inspired, try this recipe for tofu with bok choy for four people, adapted from The New Mayo Clinic Cookbook.
- 1 pound firm tofu, drained
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon chopped ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon chili garlic sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 heads baby bok choy, halved
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
Preheat the oven to 450 F. Cut the tofu lengthwise into 4 slices. Cut each slice into 2 triangles. Place the tofu triangles on a plate and cover with plastic wrap. Top with a second plate and a heavy weight and let stand for 10 minutes.
In a small bowl, whisk together the hoisin sauce, vinegar, brown sugar, soy sauce, ginger, chili garlic sauce and garlic. Spread 1/3 of the mixture in an oblong baking dish. Drain the tofu, arrange the triangles in the dish, and top with the remaining hoisin mixture. Bake until heated through, 10 to 15 minutes.
While the tofu is baking, bring 1 inch of water to a boil in a large pot fitted with a steamer basket. Add the bok choy, cover and steam until tender, 6 to 8...
Interested in full access to articles like this and more?